MODBUS Slave Documentation
2.9.7 The MODBUS slave was designed for embedded engineers by embedded engineers to get an easy and ready to use software component. Using this stack can greatly reduce your development and testing time. The stack supports the following features:
A C-compiler and an engineer capable of 'C' programming. If there already exists a port for your target platform integrating the stack into your development environment is a matter of hours. In the other case a new port must be created but we provide the following tools to ease the work of developers:
- Very low memory footprint of about 300 - 350Bytes for RTU and ASCII and a single instance.
- Multiple slave instances supported on a single system.
- Support of very small systems without an operating system to larger system using for example linux.
- Support for almost all MODBUS functions codes.
- Royalty free license.
- Delivered in source code to protect your investions.
- Delivered with a lot of already existing ports.
- Free software updates and bugfixes.
- Online bug reporting and open for customer improvements.
- A complete test suite which can be used to test the port.
- Two templates for systems with and without an operating system which can be found in the
/demo/BARERTOS. On request we can also provide complete and tested ports for your platform.
- ARM devices:
- ARM Cortex M3 / STM32 with Rowley Crossworks. See STM32/demo.c for an example.
- ARM Cortex M3 / Luminary Micro with Keil. See CORTEXM3/demo.c for an example.
- ARM Cortex M3 / NXP for FreeRTOS/lwIP.
- ARM Cortex M3 / STM32 with CodeSourcery++ and FreeRTOS/lwIP.
- ARM Cortex M3 for NXP with Rowley Crossworks CTL
- Coldfire devices:
- Coldfire V1 MCF51EM (RTU/ASCII)
- AVR devices:
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on ATMega32, ATMega128 and ATMega168, ATMega328P, ATMega644P with WinAVR. See AVR/demo.c for an example.
- AVR32 devices:
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on AVR32 (FreeRTOS)
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on AVR32 (ucOS-II)
- ECOS platforms:
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII and MODBUS TCP on ECOS.
- PIC platforms:
- PIC32 with MPLAB on ethernet starter kit (RTU/ASCII and TCP).
- PIC18F with MPLAB MCC18 and HI-TECH C (RTU/ASCII)
- 8051 devices:
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on AT89C51ED2
- MSP430 devices:
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on MSP430F169
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on MSP430F4616
- segger embOS:
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on MSP430
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on AVR32
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on Cygwin
- MODBUS TCP on Cygwin
- WIN32 RTU/ASCII/TCP/UDP support for Windows CE, Windows XP and Windows XP Embedded.
- MODBUS RTU/ASCII on Linux
- MODBUS TCP on Linux
(C) 2007 Embedded Solutions. Last updated on 1 Oct 2013.